Tuesday, February 10, 2015

One Gay Man's Story: Get Married to Become Straight


     I did not "come out" as Gay until after my divorce.  Before the marriage, explicitly I explained my "problem."  I remained faithful to that marriage.  Two children later, she heard me talking in my sleep ... about situations that never happened in reality.  I can't prove or disprove anything that she said that I said.  All I know is that she filed for a divorce, and, according to her, her lawyer could "run you (me) up the creek."  A few years later, her lawyer tried to argue a "homosexuality case" before the Clayton County Superior Court judge Stephen Boswell.  I was there, and I heard the judge say, "Without evidence, we're not going to talk about this!"  That happened in the middle of my studies at the University of Georgia, and it cost me $500 in court fees, plus some lawyer fees.  

     Getting married was solely my means to try to become straight.  Honestly, I still wanted to meet, fall in love with, enjoy courtship, and marry a man.  My dreams of doing all that were more vivid than ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment