Tuesday, February 10, 2015

One Gay Man's Story: Goose Creek, Ladson, Goose Creek (again)...


     What a contrast South Carolina was to Alaska!  Not only was the climate different, but it was the first time I'd ever heard of schools for blacks and schools for whites.  It was the first time I had ever seen "whites only" on signs posted on store windows.

     My dreams of having a boyfriend intensified during this time.  They didn't contain sex, but they were romantic, and I enjoyed them.  But I knew something was odd about me, and other people had their way of point it out also.  Vividly, I remember praying to God, "please turn me into a girl and get it over with.  I want to get married to a man."

     Also, it was during this time that I made a conscious decision to love God with all my heart, mind, soul, and body.  Deliberately, I began my Christian devotion.  I never heard my pastors talk about homosexuality.  But, I did hear a few preachers preach "Girls, don't marry a sissy!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment