Tuesday, February 10, 2015

One Gay Man's Story: I didn't Want to be Explelled from Lee University


      
     I never blamed, and still don't blame, Lee University for my "problem."  But still, I can't imagine any person having the same "problem" ever feeling he/ she could confidently and simply approach any teacher, preacher, pastor, administrator there for prayer about this "problem."  Could I have done so?  Honestly, I doubt it, but I could be wrong!

     While at Lee University, I did scour the library for whatever I could find out about "homosexuality," and all I found was fine print within short paragraphs deep in books largely about other matters.  When I studied hebrew and greeks words translated to "homosexual" or "homosexuality," I began to see that other English words could just as well (if not more justly) have been used for the translations.  I began to learn that "homosexual" and "homosexuality" were new English words coined in the 1800's.  I began to see different words used in different translations.  I began to see that it wasn't as "crystal clear" as many had preached that it was.  As a twenty year old undergrad, I became even more hungry to know all the truth I could find, but I saw no way out of the silence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment